Many of us do not have millions of dollars to give to charity, but that doesn't mean we don't want to do something to make a difference. If you don't have the financial ability to donate,there are other things that you can do. There are charity ideas all around you, you just have to decide which will work best for you.
1. If you don't want to give your own money, you can certainly give your time to encourage others to do so. You may also want to give your time to help with services for those who are less fortunate than you.
Some of the best charity ideas are ones that you can do on your own.
2. You may want to do something as simple as a garage sale. You can sell things in your home that you no longer use, and you can then give what you earn to charity.
3. Other charity ideas might be selling your homemade crafts.
4. You can have a bake sale. Name your favorite charity, and tell those who are buying from you that their money will be going towards this charity. Many people will buy things they don't necessarily want just to help.
You can find other charity ideas on the Internet. Just be aware there are many scams out there that will direct you to collect money from other people, along with sending in your own, to a charity that does not exist. They often use a name that sounds very legitimate by changing a word in an existing legitimate foundation. You should never give money to any charity that you cannot verify. You may want to check with the Better Business Bureau, and do research online before you give your money to any charity. Whenever I get a telephone solicitation I simply request that information be sent to me by postal mail. As a result I get very little information. Don't be tricked, even though you may not be able to believe that there are people out there that are so heartless. Believe me, they are out there.
5. You may be able to get charity ideas from those in your community who have dedicated a part of their life to raising money for charity. They may simply ask you to join them, or may give you charity ideas you can do on your own. Unlike other things, charity is something that we all should do, and there is no competition. Unlike a job opening, or a business opportunity, there is always room for more people to be involved in charity. Your first step might be just getting involved, and then you can go from there.