The All New Toyota Innova Crysta Review
• Its internal cabin is spacious and enormously comfortable for long tours. Its interior's fit and finish is known to be segment's best.
• Ownership experience offered by Toyota is satisfying.
• Drivability of diesel engine is admirable.
• It has a robust body construction, which is known to be durable and highly reliable with regards to safety.
• Its price range, compared to its direct competitors is significantly higher.
• Diesel engine becomes noisy, especially after clocking 3000rpm or 100 Kmph mark.
• Gear ratio is too short for highways.
Background & Evolution
This MPV was introduced in the year 2005. Over the years, it received some minor cosmetic updates, but there was no generation update until now. The outgoing version looks more like the one with after-market modifications and it isn't as impressive as its previous avatar. Now the new generation Innova Crysta looks better than ever before and is certainly one of the best looking cars by Toyota.
Toyota Innova Crysta is now available with two new diesel engine options. One is the 2.4-litre oil-burner, which can belt out 150 Ps power along with 343Nm of torque. The other one is a 2.8-litre engine that has a displacement capacity of 2755cc. This engine has the ability to churn out 174 Ps of maximum power that results in a hammering 360Nm torque. The company is offering both the engines with a choice of manual and automatic transmission options.
Ride & Handling:
Constructed on a ladder frame chassis, this new Toyota Innova Crysta has van like proportions but negates its size once on the move. Balancing this MPV is excellent and it drives more like a saloon than an MPV. With double wishbone suspension at front and four link type of setup at rear offers lively handling characteristics that no other vehicle is capable of. The Toyota Innova Crysta comes with rear wheel drive configuration that enables 50:50 load distribution. As for the braking, it has superior braking combination with ventilated discs and leading-trailing. We have driven the top-spec ZX trim, which had ABS braking mechanism. This really helped us to drive to the fullest.
Despite heavy competition, Toyota Innova is continuing its success run in India. The New Innova Crysta went on to garner more than 15000 bookings within 10 days of its launch. Although the price range is high, it is good to go with this MPV, since the car has everything that you are looking for.