Most of us already know how great Pilates workouts are for flattening, toning, and strengthening our abs. If you have ever thought about trying Pilates, but for one reason or another have been hesitant, here is your chance. This article has free Pilates exercises that will flatten your abs and leave you feeling fantastic.
Before you begin exercising, take a few quick minutes to learn the C curve. This will help you get most benefit from your efforts, and make the free Pilates exercises even easier.
Sit with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent. Keep your shoulders relaxed and your head up. Place your hands on the backs of your knees and breathe in. When you exhale, pull your tummy in completely.
Your head should go down some so that you will be looking at your tummy, and your back will form a deep C curve. Then inhale, and allow this to push you back up to a sitting position. Once you've got this, you're ready to start flattening your abs.
This free Pilates exercise is a great and easy one to do.
1. Start by lying on your back with your legs out straight. A padded mat is great for this one.
2. Extend your arms toward the ceiling.
3. While breathing in slowly, stretch your arms toward the ceiling.
4. While you're breathing out, allow yourself to 'roll up,' your spine coming off the mat until your arms are over your legs.
5. Keep your legs as flat to the ground as you can, and repeat 5 times.
Can you feel your abs getting flatter already? This is going to be a great confidence booster, and you will be healthier and happier. Stick with it.
This free Pilates exercise will flatten your tummy, and with continued use, you will notice the benefits quickly.
1. Lie flat on your back on a padded mat, and keep your arms down flat by your sides.
2. Lift one of your legs toward the ceiling (at about a 45 degree angle) and turn your foot slightly in.
3. Slowly breathing out, draw a full circle with in the air with your foot. Don't touch the floor, but come close!
4. Do this free Pilates exercise 5 times, and then switch and do the other leg.
This one is really great. It will feel good and it is a wonderful tummy flattener.
1. Lie on your padded mat and place your hands behind your head. This is similar to the position for doing a regular crunch, except your legs are out flat.
2. Breathe in, and while you're exhaling, lift your head and neck off the mat while you extend your legs up to a 45 degree angle. Make sure your head and neck stay up.
3. Exhaling, lower only your legs until they are a couple inches from the floor.
4. Repeat, breathing slowly, 10 times.
If this is your first time trying Pilates, you may think these free Pilates exercises sound difficult. However, once you get into the position and try them, you will find that they are very simple to use. You will be more relaxed, and can flatten your tummy in a fun way. You will have a great workout.